The local culture is very rich and the activities numerous. Whether you prefer to spend cultural holidays or sports ones, you will not be disappointed.
Animations and family activities :
Sports holidays in southern Brittany:
- Sports holidays: kayaking, sailing, diving, sea scooter, windsurfing, sea fishing, sea walking, kyte surfing
- Clohars Surf School: click HERE
- Mountain biking see the tour map HERE
- Walks and hikes: by the coast or in the forest (departure on site). 17 walks are available, from 4 to 30 km, around our site with roadbook, IGN map and photos. Most are on the coast, on the so-called customs trail but also inland and through Quimperlé to discover the city’s historical heritage.
- Excursions on our islands: the Glénan, the islands of Groix and Belle-isle-en-mer.
- Tennis: 2 courts at 1km.
- Golf: 10 km or Minigolf 1 km
- Horse riding: go for a stroll at the water’s edge or on coastal trails.
To see the videos and landscapes of our territory: click HERE
Cultural holidays in southern Brittany:
- Painting: The Pont-Aven School of Painters: (possibility to take painting lessons)
- Marie Henri Museum in Clohars-Carnoet
- The Pont-Aven Museum dedicated to Gauguin.
- The company of India in Port Louis.
- And the Quimper Museum.
- Local sightseeings : Kercousquet Windmill; the Abbey of Saint MAURICE; ports of Doelan and Belon, Concarneau, Lorient, city of sailing…
- The museum “cité de la voile Eric Tabarly” in Lorient and its trimarans racing offshore.
Local sweet and treats:
- An exceptional cider produced locally.
- The oysters of the belon, the top of the flat oysters in its original environnement : the Belon River.
- Crêpes (please : don’t talk about pancakes nor galettes, you will offend the local inhabitants.).
- Langoustines, a delight with butterbreed.
- Spider crabs, they arrive on our shores as early as spring.
- Crabs takes over from July.
- Lobster are being caught more and more frequently and that is a good sign.
- The line bar cooked barely pink on the ridge.
- Scallops just lightly grilled in the pan..
- Baye’s andouille (smoke sausage)
- Gateau Breton with a little bit of butter.
- The far Breton made with prunes.
- The local biscuits : « galettes de Pont-Aven» (the right ones).
- The dairy ice creams served directly in the farm.
- homemade salted butter caramel.
- and lots of good restaurants and pancakes….
Websites to help you to prepare for your stay:
To organize your holidays:
- The tourist office : www.quimperle-terreoceane.com
- The site of our commune: http://www.clohars-carnoet.fr
- For hikers: http://tyrando.free.fr
- The Marie-Henri Museum House in Clohars-Carnoet: www.Marie-Henri house
- The Gauguin Museum in Pont-Aven: www.museepontaven.fr/fr/
- The company of India: http://musee.lorient.bzh/
- The city of sailing in Lorient: www.citevoile-tabarly.com/
- Saint Maurice Abbey in Clohars-Carnoet: http://saintmaurice.com/
- Quinquis Park in Clohars-Carnoet: http://www.parcanimalierduquinquis.com
- In Brittany: Click here
- The Rias Festival of Quimperlé Territory: www.the street shows rias
- The Cornish Festival in Quimper: http://www.festival-cornouaille.bzh
- The thunders of Brest will be in 2020…courage: www.old hulls
- Old plows: http://www.vieillescharrues.asso.fr/
- The interceltic of Lorient: http://www.festival-interceltique.bzh
- The Festival at the End of the World: www.festivalduboutdumonde.com
- The seagull festival in Douarnenez: .org
- The Blue Net Festival in Concarneau: www.nets bleus.fr
- And nice fest-noz: ww
To calculate your itinerary and come to us, click HERE
Contact us: click HERE